Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Crate Paper Holiday Decor

Happy December!! Today on the Crate Paper blog, I'm sharing an altered frame that I made to celebrate the Christmas season. I picked up this frame recently at an antique shop in town, but you could easily recreate one with an ornate frame, spray paint and twine.

To embellish the frame, I created a variety of tags and cards to hang on the twine. I used glitter clothespins from the Craft Market collection to secure them. I pulled out an older winter collection - Bundled Up - as I thought the colors went well with the red frame.

I thought it would be fun to add a glittered tassel from the Shine collection as well. I love the pop of pink that it gives the project!

This cute chipboard snowman is from the Bundled Up collection as well. I added it to a simple shipping tag and adhered a glitter star.

I also incorporated some of the cork numbers from the Wonder collection on another tag. The perfect touch! After I had each of the tags in place, I adhered a piece of patterned paper to the back of the frame. This will make a perfect piece to place on my side table with other Christmas decor.

Thanks for stopping by!
- Jen

No comments: